06 August 2010

College Tips

Hello People!
I'm making a series of videos for incoming college freshmen. You know,  just giving any  tips and advice I can think of that may be helpful.
here are the first two











In case you don’t feel like sitting through 20 minutes of video here are some of the things I talk about and some I don’t.
-stay focused and keep the faith. No matter what happens, you always have to remember that you are at school to get an education and your work needs to be you r number one priority. It’s easy to get caught up in your social life, parties, or even groups and organizations, but in the end if you don’t have the grades, you can lose it all.  If you do catch yourself slipping, don’t beat yourself up either! GO out find an advisor/teacher/upperclassmen and get yourself some help.
-don’t be too proud to ask for help. Remember you aren’t the only one! College is a lot harder than high school not only academically, you now have to deal with a whole new way of life in a new place, that’s a lot on a 18-year-old.
-plan plan plan You are in charge of your own school work/life so you cannot take a passive role. Get out your planner, your syllabi, and your facebook event page and take control

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh woow, i just want to say that you REALLY inspire me and i'm always looking forward to visiting your blog..
I am 18, a freshman at University of Idaho(look it up hun, there are VERY few blacks, just like all of Idaho)and so, there isn't much opportunity to get a big sis who can give you tips with college life, dating, beauty etc..
I'm soo glad to have found this blog
please, please and please.. KEEP POSTING!...

Jesssimae said...

Hi I'm so glad you like and find my blog helpful.I have a bunch of college vids on my youtube channel my youtube name is jesssimae. remember the three "s". thnkas so much for stopping by and follow next time you do!
:)jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...