|Project Pan Items 12/11/14|
I already posted a...post about why I'm doing this project pan, you can read it here. Here is my first project pan that officially starts today! I was going to start it on January 1, but today happens to be 6 months until my birthday so I think thats even more fitting.
I decided not to go on a no buy, but I am on a low buy. I have an upcoming post about my ideal makeup collection and basically I have some categories that I only have a few items in so its ok for me to buy more. A low buy for me means that I will restrict my shopping, aiming for l new purchase each month with the goal to save up for a birthday haul in May.
I guess I can just go into my rules:
1. Use all PP items 5x a week. I usually wear makeup to work and on one weekend day so 6x total. On the 6th day I can use whatever products I want. Most of my other makeup is packed away at this point so I can focus on my products.
2. Reapply Lip items 4x a day. I am super nervous about my lipstick and lipgloss in this challenge, but this way I can wear another color during the day and apply the lipstick after work or when I'm just lounging at home.
3. One Eyeshadow at a time. I have 6 eyeshadows in this thing so I am going to only focus on using up one at a time so I don't get too frustrated.
4. Pan means pan. I will be happy to hit pan on my items and if I finish them that would be like a bonus.
5. The amount I hit pan on is the amount I can buy over the period, including my birthday haul. So if I buy 5 things before my birthday and I only finish 5 items, then no birthday haul for me :(
6. I will be on this journey for 6 months, ending on my 24th birthday. Updating once a month.
And Here are my items:
1. urban decay naked palette sidecar
2. urban decay naked palette buck
3. urban decay naked palette half-baked
4. urban decay naked palette smog
5. urban decay naked palette toasted
6. urban decay smoked palette rockstar
7. mac lipstick in rebel
8. nyx butter gloss in raspberry tart
9. urban decay 24/7 pencil liner perversion
10. mac blush fleur power
11. loreal mascara miss magna mascara
12. nars sheer glow foundation in macao
13. mac msf natural in deep dark
1-6. I'm tackling about half of the naked palette! As you can see nick and smog already have pan showing so the goal is to nearly use those up. Half baked has a crater so I should be able to hit pan on that quite easily. Sidecar and Toasted are another story they both have small dips form me making efforts to use them all fall but theres not much progress. I'll be focusing on Toasted to hopeful get close to pan by next update! As far the the purple shade, I will be using that mostly as a lower lash line pop of color.
7. mac lipstick in rebel This is one of the first lipstick I fell in love with. I remember getting it back in 2012 after I crossed because all of my line sisters had it. But it is getting old and I need to get some solid use out of it before it goes bad. Hopefully I can keep up with reapplying it because I have a decent chunk of product to run through here. I measured it up against a game of thrones coaster I keep on my vanity (I marked after the photo). I pray to the old gods and new I can finish this thing soon.
8. nyx butter gloss in raspberry tart I got this gloss on a whim when I was in nyx butter everything heaven and they were 50% off at ultra this summer. I'm really more into matte lips if I'm wearing a vibrant color. I'm really only into nude or light pink/peach glosses so I really don't need this one. I have only used up one lipgloss back in college when I owned a total of two so I'm super nervous on this one as well. its 99.9912% full.
9. urban decay 24/7 pencil liner perversion I got this one in my smoked palette which I've had since 2012 so its time for this one to go as well. I love the look of liquid liner so I plan to put this down first and then sharpen my line with the liquid. Same Coaster different line :)
10. mac blush fluer power I have had this blush 2011! It was the first blush I owned but I guess I event shown it enough love to hit pan on it. I can see that some of the pan is showing on the sides of the product so I suspect I have been wearing it down evenly. We shall see!
11. loreal mascara miss magna mascara This is the newest product of the bunch. I got it in September 2014 and it's a really good mascara. I needed something easy in the challenge right!
12. nars sheer glow foundation in macao This was my first high end foundation and I love it to pieces. It's a light yellow toned color that only matches me in the dead of winter but its beautiful when it does. I definitely recommend it if you have a color match. The coverage isn't sheer at all, and I may mix it with a bb cream if it feel its too much coverage. Middle school kids will ask their teacher why she's wearing so much makeup -__- I may need a beauty spatlula to really empty this out.
13. mac msf natural in deep dark This is my second MSF in this color, the first one turned before I finished it so I'm excited to use this one up. Right now I'm using it as a bronzer and the entire dome of the product is worn down so I think I can do it. I think I can...I think I can.
OK thats it! Feel free to follow with Google +, or bloglovin to keep up with my progress!
If you have a project pan going on let me know so I can follow :)